Review; Folic acid 400 µg (Boots) and Seven Seas Trying For A Baby Vitamins.

5:45 PM My Bun In The Oven 0 Comments

I will start to review with the first vitamins after my hubby and I decided to try for a baby, I looked in the aisle of boots for ages before deciding on the Seven Seas Trying For A Baby Vitamins which looked the most attractive , price and quality. The price being only £4.49, with a very explicit name and attractive package, off I went to the till.
Seven Seas Trying For A Baby Vitamins contains not only Folic acid (400 µg) but iron and vitamin D. As you all know Folic Acid is recommended to be taken months before you even try to conceive. Folic Acid reduced the risk of neural-tube defect such as spina bifida. During pregnancy it is recommended to take 600 to 800 mcg rather than the pre-conception 400mcg.
Seven Seas Trying For A Baby Vitamins is similar to taking the pill, it comes in a monthly packet, with the days, and you take one a day.
Even if this product sound great it did not work out for me, not even a week in I started feeling very ill. I had nausea and diarrhea. So off I went to the  nurse to see what could be done because I was desperate to keep taking the Folic Acid.
The nurse simply told me, to stick with simple folic acid tablets witch leads me to my next review.



Boots FOLIC ACID 400 µg 60 tablets, at first I was reluctant to buy the simple and cheap Folic Acid (£1.99) from boots however my body adapted to it so much better, only if I took it before going to bed or while having my dinner which is not always convenient when invited out. 



I would highly recommend both products however if you have a sensitive stomach I would stick with the simple Folic Acid while having a healthy diet.
L x



0 comments: